How to Mirror djay on an External Display or Projector
djay has a great video DJ mode in which you can not only mix audio but also visuals as well to enhance your DJ sets.
To get started you will need the following items:
For Airplay - Please ensure that your device is running at least iOS 11.4
In order to connect your iOS device to an external monitor or projector to view djay on a larger display follow the steps below.
Via an external display using HDMI:
- Connect the USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter or Lightning Apple Digital AV Adapter to your device.
- Connect your HDMI cable to the USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter or Lightning Apple Digital AV Adapter.
- Connect the other side of the HDMI cable into your external display or projector.
Via Apple Airplay:
- Swipe from the top down or bottom up of the screen to bring up the control center.
- Tap on the icon with two squares.
- Tap on the wireless display you'd like to connect to.
- You can verify that there is a connection between your device, djay and the external screen by the indication of a blue badge in the upper left hand corner.
- You will now see the visualization on your external monitor.