While djay Pro AI’s Neural Mix™ can be used through the djay Pro AI interface, there is also a suite of MIDI commands you can map to control your Neural Mix audio tracks.
The Neural Mix controls can be mapped to any key on your keyboard. To do this, open the Shortcuts editor in djay's Preferences menu, select the target as any deck (e.g., Deck 1, Deck 2) for the desired keyboard key, then scroll down the actions list to find the Neural Mix actions:
DJ Controller Mapping
To get the full capability of djay Pro AI for Mac's Neural Mix AI-driven audio separation on your MIDI controller, you can set up the following available MIDI controls.
Choose either a Deck or the Mixer as a Target, and you'll be able to map Rotaries or Faders to control:
- Neural Mix Filter (Instrumental / Acappella)
- Neural Mix Volume
- Neural Mix EQ [-12dB to +12dB]
- Neural Mix Crossfader (see below)
You can choose whether you'd like to use these Neural Mix controls on 2 (Instrumental / Acappella), 3 (Drums / Harmonics / Vocals), or 4 (Drums / Bass / Harmonics / Vocals) channels. You can also map MIDI buttons to Neural Mix actions for the same channels. That way, you'll be able to Mute or Solo each of the instruments by pressing one button.
To map each control follow the steps below:
- Connect your MIDI controller to your Mac and open djay Pro AI.
- Open the MIDI menu at the top of your screen. And select the controller you want to add MIDI actions to. This opens the MIDI Learn window:
- Move the MIDI control you'd like to add a Neural Mix action to for each Deck (Target):
or to separate the Crossfader into the different Neural Mix tracks use the Mixer Target:
By going to the Advanced Control Options, you'll be able to further customize the behavior of the actions. For further information on MIDI mapping, please refer to our MIDI mapping FAQ for Mac.