To ensure a proper connection between your DJ MIDI controller and djay Pro AI, please connect the controller to your iOS device following these steps:
- Connect a Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter or USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter to your iOS device (depending on your iOS device connector).
- Connect the power adapter from your iOS device to the USB adapter (required for some controllers with higher power requirements, or simply to charge your iOS device during your performance).
- Connect your MIDI controller to the USB adapter, and power it up if required.
- Launch djay Pro AI for iOS. djay will automatically configure the MIDI controller and audio interface (if available).
- Start using your MIDI controller with djay!
Note that it is important to perform the above steps in the given order to ensure that iOS will detect the MIDI controller.
For a full list of supported DJ MIDI controllers on both the FREE and PRO versions of djay Pro AI for iOS, please visit this FAQ.