The Pioneer DDJ-SR and DDJ-SX DJ controllers can be set to use one of two different operation modes. djay Pro supports the default mode, which provides the most powerful features and is normally used with the DJ software that comes with the controller. If you switched your controller’s operation mode to use other MIDI-compatible DJ software, we recommend switching the operation mode back to its default setting.
This allows djay Pro to support the advanced features available in this mode, such as beat-synchronized effects when using the controller’s "PAD PLUS" mode (DDJ-SR) or indicating the vinyl position on the controller’s jog wheels (DDJ-SX).
Setting the default operation mode
- Quit djay Pro or any other DJ software.
- Turn the controller off (using the ON/OFF switch on the controller’s rear panel).
- Turn the controller on while simultaneously holding the left deck’s SHIFT and PLAY/PAUSE buttons.
- Wait until the startup LED light sequence has finished (takes approximately 5 seconds).
- Press the left deck’s KEY LOCK button so that the button is off.
- Turn the controller off.
- Turn the controller on and launch djay Pro.