Supported controllers via plug-n-play
The FREE version of djay supports the following controllers officially via plug-n-play:
- Reloop Beatpad
- Reloop Beatpad 2
- Reloop Buddy
- Reloop Mixon 4
- Reloop Mixtour
- Pioneer DDJ-200
- Pioneer DDJ-WeGO
- Pioneer DDJ-WeGO2
- Pioneer DDJ-WeGO3
- Pioneer DDJ-WeGO4
- Pioneer DDJ-ERGO
- Numark iDJ Live
- Numark iDJ Live II
- Numark iDJ Pro
- Numark Mixdeck Quad
- Casio XW-DJ1
- Casio XW-J1
- Hercules DJControl Inpulse 200
- Hercules DJControl Inpulse 300
- Hercules DJControl Starlight
- ION iDJ2GO
- Philips M1X DJ
- Vestax Spin 2
Supported controllers via USB adapter
While the FREE version works with the controllers listed above plug-and-play via the controller’s Lightning connector, support for over 50 MIDI controllers is available with a PRO subscription and a USB adapter (see below).
→ Please see the full list of natively supported MIDI controllers available with a PRO subscription.
If you have a MIDI controller that is currently not natively supported by djay for iOS, you can still use it with djay’s easy-to-use MIDI Learn feature: Simply connect the MIDI controller to your iOS device (see below), and follow the on-screen instructions to map the hardware controls to functions in djay.
How to connect a controller via USB adapter
Please follow these steps in order to use a MIDI controller via USB.
- Launch djay for iOS.
- Connect a Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter or USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter to your iOS device (depending on your iOS device connector).
- Connect the power adapter from your iOS device to the USB adapter (required for some controllers with higher power requirements, or simply to charge your iOS device during your performance).
- Connect your controller to your iOS device and power it up if required.
- Start using your controller – djay for iOS will automatically configure the MIDI controller and audio interface (if available).
Note that it is important to perform the above steps in the given order to ensure that iOS will detect the MIDI controller.