While djay Pro AI’s Neural Mix™ controls can be used on your iOS device screen, there is also a suite of MIDI commands you can map to control your Neural Mix audio tracks. To get the full capability of djay's Neural Mix AI-driven audio separation MIDI commands, you’ll need to set up the following available MIDI controls.
You can either choose a Deck or the Mixer as a Target and you'll be able to map Rotaries or Faders to control:
- Neural Mix Filter (Instrumental / Acappella)
- Neural Mix Volume
- Neural Mix EQ [-12dB to +12dB]
- Neural Mix Crossfader
You can choose whether you'd like to use these Neural Mix controls on 2 (Instrumental / Acappella), 3 (Drums / Harmonics / Vocals), or 4 (Drums / Bass / Harmonics / Vocals) channels. You can also map MIDI Buttons to Neural Mix actions for the same channels. That way, you'll be able to Mute or Solo each of the components by pressing one button.
To map each control follow the steps below:
- Open the djay Pro AI dashboard menu and tap the cog to open Settings.
- Tap the MIDI Devices menu item.
- Select the controller to which you'd like to add MIDI actions.
- Use the MIDI component you want to map to show it in the editor. Then select either Deck or Mixer as a Target:
- Tap on the MIDI control to edit it, and choose Action to select what MIDI command it will control. NOTE: The list of actions you are able to view will be different depending on what type of MIDI component is being mapped.
- Tap the action you wish to map, and you’ll be taken back to the action editor screen.
- Tap Back to return to the MIDI component list and repeat the steps for all the other commands you need.
By going to the Advanced Control Options, you'll be able to further customize the behavior of the button. For further information on MIDI mapping, please refer to our MIDI Mapping FAQ for iOS.