While djay Pro AI’s Neural Mix™ can be used on the screen, there is also a suite of MIDI commands you can map to control your Neural Mix™ audio tracks. To get the full capability of djay Pro AI for iOS’s Neural Mix™ AI-driven audio separation MIDI commands, you’ll need the following available MIDI controls *per deck*:
- 5 x MIDI rotary or linear faders
- Drums volume
- Vocals volume
- Harmonic volume
- Instrumental volume
- Neural Mix Fade volume
- 13 x MIDI note buttons
- Swap Drums
- Swap Vocals
- Swap Harmonic
- Swap Instrumental
- Solo Drums
- Solo Vocals
- Solo Harmonic
- Solo Instrumental
- Mute Drums
- Mute Vocals
- Mute Harmonic
- Mute Instrumental
- Switch Neural Mix Fade Mode
Each deck will be separated into two (instrumental/vocals for simple mix) or three (drums/harmonic/vocals for complex mix) tracks which can further be muted, soloed, or swapped to the other deck. At a minimum, you’ll want three faders to control the complex mix tracks.
To map each control:
- Open the djay Pro AI menu and tap the cog to open settings.
- Tap the MIDI Devices menu item.
- Select the controller you want to add MIDI actions to.
- Use the MIDI component you want to map to show it in the editor.
- Tap on the MIDI control to edit it, and choose Action to select what MIDI command it will control. (NOTE: The list of actions you are able to view will be different depending on what type of MIDI component is being mapped)
- Tap the action you wish to map, and you’ll be taken back to the action editor screen.
- Tap Back to return to the MIDI component list and repeat the steps for all the other commands you need.