If you've tried connecting your controller with djay Pro AI for Mac, and are still having any trouble getting started, please see below for some helpful troubleshooting tips.
I can’t control djay using my controller
- First, check if you are using the default MIDI Mapping in djay by following these steps:
- Open djay Pro AI for Mac.
- Press ⌘ + "Y". (Or go to the MIDI drop-down menu at the top of your screen)
- Check that you’re using the "(built-in)" default mapping.
- If your controller does not appear in the MIDI drop-down menu, which you can find by selecting "MIDI" from the main menu at the top of the screen in djay Pro AI, please do the following:
- Test with MIDI Monitor to see if your controller is actually sending out MIDI signals.
- If it is not sending any MIDI signals, try different cables or contact the hardware manufacturer directly.
I can’t hear any audio through my master/pre-cueing output
- If you have MIDI control over djay, but audio doesn't work, first check if you are using a controller that requires an audio driver. You can find a list of controllers that require audio drivers below. If your controller appears there, please follow these steps:
- Download and install the audio driver for Mac from the controller’s manufacturer website.
- Make sure you’ve granted permission to install third-party apps on your macOS Settings under "Security & Privacy">>"General"
Note: If your controller does not appear as an option on the "Devices" section of the djay settings (⌘ + ","), then you'll need to ensure the driver is properly installed.
- You may be using a controller that requires external mixer mode. If this is the case, please be sure to run external mixer mode in djay Pro AI. To do this, go to the Devices tab of djay's settings (⌘ + ","). From here, you'll be able to route your decks, as well as the Looper/Sampler/Pre-cueing output.
Controllers that require audio drivers on Mac:
- Pioneer DDJ-1000
- Pioneer DDJ-1000SRT
- Pioneer DDJ-800
- Pioneer DDJ-RR
- Pioneer DDJ-SZ2
- Pioneer DDJ-SZ
- Pioneer DDJ-SX3
- Pioneer DDJ-SR2
- Pioneer XDJ-XZ
- Pioneer XDJ-RX
- Pioneer XDJ-RX2
- Numark NS6
- Reloop Digita Jockey IE2
- Reloop Mixage IE
- Reloop Terminal Mix 2
- Reloop Terminal Mix 4
- Hercules DJ 4Set
- Hercules DJ Console 4MX
- Hercules DJ Console MK2
- Hercules DJ Console MK4
- Hercules DJ Console RMX
- Hercules DJ Control MP3
- Hercules DJ Control MP3 E2
- Hercules DJ Control Steel