djay for iOS allows you to access your music from several sources. These include accessing your music stored in external media, iCloud Drive, or the Files app, and accessing music stored in other cloud services (e.g., OneDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.).
You can also add or play songs in djay for iOS directly from other apps using the "Open in" feature or by using drag and drop in Split View or Slide Over (iPad only).
Using "Open in" to load songs from other apps
- Navigate to the song file that you want to play in djay for iOS in the app you're using.
- Tap "Open in" from the app's menu options.
- Select djay in the pop-up window to load the audio file or video directly on one of djay's decks.
Using drag and drop in Split View or Slide Over to load songs from other apps (iPad only)
If you're using a newer iPadOS, you can drag and drop songs from another app to djay for iOS when you have both apps open at the same time. This can be done using either the Split View or the Slide Over options available in your iPad's Multitasking menu.
Note: The steps provided here will cover how to access Split View via the Multitasking menu. For detailed steps on how to use other methods, please visit Apple's support page.
- Open the app where your song is located.
- Tap the Multitasking button at the top of the screen.
- Tap the Split View button or the Slide Over button. The screenshot below shows selection of the Split View button. The current app will move to the side, and your Home Screen will appear.
- Tap the djay app on your Home Screen.
- Drag and drop any audio or video file directly onto one of djay's decks.