djay Pro AI for Mac supports Ableton Link, allowing you to sync with other Ableton Link-ready devices across a local network.
There are some important things to keep in mind when setting up Ableton Link. First of all, it's helpful to have a good understanding of djay's Sync function in general, and in particular to understand how djay is treating the Active Deck (i.e., the Master to which other decks are getting synced).
djay's Sync behavior is similar to Ableton Link in that djay will sync to another device and adopt its tempo. It can also take over the lead when the other device's playback stops, or djay can act as the Master itself. Initially, the Master is selected based on which beat on any linked device is active first.
Enabling Ableton Link
To enable Ableton Link in djay Pro AI for Mac, follow these steps:
- Make sure all devices you want to link are connected to the same local WIFI network.
- Open the djay Settings (press ⌘ + ,) and go to "Advanced".
- Select "Enable Ableton Link".
- A beat indicator will appear in djay's User Interface to show you that Ableton Link is enabled and what Master Tempo it is using at the moment.
- When you link another device (or devices), you will see the number of connected devices in the Advanced settings in djay.
Now Ableton Link is ready and you can mix with your devices in sync. For additional information, please see the Ableton Link website.