In order to set up your Traktor Kontrol S2 for djay Pro please follow this step-by-step guide:
- First of all, after connecting the Traktor Control S2 with your Mac, please press both "SHIFT" buttons on each deck in order to set the controller to "Midi Mode"
- Download the Native Instruments "Controller Editor" for your operating system via http://www.native-instruments.com/en/support/downloads/drivers-other-files/
- Download the two attached Files and double-click the "Traktor Control S2 Controller Editor.ncks2" file while the S2 is connected to your Mac, the Controller Editor should now look like this:
- Open djay Pro and see if the Traktor Control S2 is getting recognized, by tapping on the "MIDI" preferences in the top menu bar:
- Now disconnect the Controller from your Mac
- Double-click the provided "Traktor Control S2.djayMidiMapping" file and press "Install Mapping"
- Now after reconnecting the controller by selecting "Configure Traktor Control S2..." (see screenshot above) the pop-up window should look like this and the controller is mapped: